Welcome to Class 1.
We hope you enjoy looking at our class page to find out what we've been up to and any important dates!
Class Teacher: Mrs R Jones
Teaching Assistant: Mrs N Kenny
In this project children will learn about:
• Plants and animals that live on the seashore
• Man-made and natural features of the seashore
• Names of different coastal towns and beach resorts in Wales
• Keeping safe at the seashore, including water hazards
• Properties of natural materials found at the seashore including sand, water, rock, shingle
• Creating temporary art using natural materials
• Traditions of the seaside
• Recording their ideas, feelings and experiences through drawing, mark making and emergent
• Using their voices and bodies to respond imaginatively to sounds and music
• The effects of pollution on the natural habitat
• The Welsh language using words and phrases across
This term our topic is called 'Our World' and the children will be learning about how God made the world and how we must look after it.
Our PE day is Tuesday. For this term, Sophie from Sports Stars will be teaching the class. The children will need T-shirts and shorts/leggings. They can keep their PE kits in school and can take them home for a wash at half term.
Reading books and homework
The children will receive a piece of homework in their Homework Books every Friday, to be returned the following
Wednesday. Reading books will be changed every Friday. Spelling tests will be on Wednesdays.